Hindustan Powerprojects Private Limited , (HPPPL) one of its promoted company (Lumen engineering Private Limited) has formed a joint venture with Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corporation Limited (CMDCL) as partner for development of a commercial coal block. The State Government holds 51% of the stake and 49% of economic interest of this coal block is held by HPPPL.
This project is expected to add at least one million tonnes per annum of coal to the Indian economy.
Current Status of Development of Sondiha Coal Block
- Detailed exploration completed
- Geological Report prepared
- Mining Plan approved by MoC, GoI
- Previous Approval of MoC, GoI for Mining Lease obtained, last milestone of execution of Mining Lease with GoCG will be executed post approval of EC and Forest Stage II Clearance
- Environmental Clearance : TOR approved, Public Hearing successfully Completed, Final EIA/EMP presented to MoEF, GoI, Final presentation to EAC, MoEF, GoI after completion of additional studies and approval of EC expected shortly
- Stage I Forest Clearance obtained, Stage II Forest Clearance under progress
- Section 11 (award) under LA Act’ 1894 of about 50% land to be acquired completed, rest 50% expected shortly
- Rehabilitation and Resettlement Action Plan approved by Gram Sabhas of 5 affected villages, District Level Committee on R&R and GoCG
- Detailed Project Report prepared
- Extensive CSR activities under progress at the Project Site for the last 2 years